HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR SALVATION
(I) Salvation is obtained through the confession of the Lordship Jesus Christ and believing that God raised him from the dead Rom.10:9-10
(ii) The above if acted upon faith, old sins confessed and forsaken ensures a perfect work with God. Jn.6:28-29
(iii) The process of obtaining salvation, most often, starts with response to ALTAR call. However it is observed that many respond to the call for salvation, only to fall back into sin because they do not know how to treasure and maintain their salvation. To maintain your salvation, you must ensure the following in your walk with God. You must treasure what you have to maintain it. Mt.6:21
A VOUCHED RESOLUTION TO ABIDE IN CHRIST
- Make bold and genuine public declaration for Christ Rm.1:16 source of attraction to power for salvation/deliverance
- Avoid minding peoples comments, opinion, remarks etc. 1Pet.3:16-17
- Put away shame and stop being timid because of friends. Rm.1:16
- Not keeping companies with old friends that will distract you and cause indecision, 2Pet.2:22. Going back to vomit.
- Maintaining fellowship life with believers and not forsake their assembly of the righteous. Heb.10:24-25. Old friends cause us to think outside God; kill our love for you.
NOTE: Penitence, feeling sorry for sin, shedding of tears, making of decisions result of fellowship.
Resist temptation for it is now within your power to do so Jas.1:13-14; Jas.4:7; 1Pet.5:8-9. Heb.10:26-27. This will come through threats and challenges aimed at causing your mind to wonder away 1Cor.10:13; Heb.1:18; 12:12-15 To weaken you.
Overcome trials, persecution, denial of comfort and peace etc all aimed at trying your faith to achieve a purpose in your lives for better 1Pet.1:6-7; 1Pet.4:12-13; Heb.12:11. Trials, persecution are to straighten our ways with God. Job33:17-22.
OVERCOME OBVIOUS WEAKINGNESSES AND SINS
We need to put them off Col.3:8-9
Faults and weaknesses you find in your life are not to cause you to backslide and abandon faith but rather CONFESS and have a genuine desire to forsake them. 1Jn.1:9 Prov.28:13. Do not condemn yourself. Do not confess your sin while still having a secret desire to wallow in it for a season. Rom.1:32; 2Pet.2:22. Tit.1:16 it is a sin 1Jn.3:8. Many covert their past sins and lust to wallow in them. This we must not do as children of God. 1Jn3:10.
NOT HAVING IMPERICAL MIND THAT QUESTIONS THE WORD OF GOD
Restless will seeking for great things, Evil concupiscence.
- Salvation is not feelings, sights, senses but by faith. 2Cor.5:7; Lk.17:20. We must believe the word of God not our imagination for they are vain Jer.17:9; Jer.23:16-17.
- Imaginations of the hearts contrary to doctrine are the devices of the devil to steal Rm.10:10. We must not yield our senses to their reasoning. Read the parable of the sewer Matt. 13:3-23.then examines your heart 2Cor.13:5 and make a choice.
FOCUSING ATTENTION ON JESUS
- Avoid using people as a standard but focus on Christ only the author and finisher of our faith Heb.12:12.
- Judge not others nor condemn them for we judge according to appearance and not righteous judgment St.J 7:24
IGNORE BITTER/SINFUL MEMORIES
- Remembrance of past sin can bring about condemnation. Remember you have been purchased and cleansed by the blood. You are now a new creature 2Cor.5:19; Eph.4:22-23.
- Confess all past sins and forsake Lk.15:22 and obtain mercy Prov.28:13.you must be contrite over your past sins Ps.51:17. Confession without brokenness is a mere exercise. 1Tim.4:8, Lk.3:24.
STRIVING TO BE AN OVERCOMER
Lk.13:24 for you to become an over comer, you must be fervent and constant in prayer Lk.18:1; Act.3:1, Lk.21:36; Lk.22:40;46
Prayer points – forgiveness, thanksgiving, daily activities, finances, deliverance, and blessing, constancy in faith, taking authority and casting out demons/device consistency.